The Deaf Service Bureau of West Central Florida, Inc. is a not-for-profit
organization established in 1996 to provide effective communication
to the deaf community in Pasco County.
Since that time, the DSB has expanded services to reach not only the deaf and
hard of hearing but also the entire disabled community–
throughout 26 counties–with 6 locations in Florida.
Florida Division of Blind Services Florida Department of Education
The Resource Materials & Technology Center for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (RMTC-D/HH) is a specialized FDLRS center serving teachers of the deaf and hard of hearing throughout the state of Florida. The mission of the RMTC-D/HH is twofold. First, RMTC-D/HH gives teachers of deaf and hard-of-hearing students the technology assistance, training and consultation they need to successfully integrate technology into their classroom routine. Second, RMTC-D/HH serves teachers and interpreters with a lending library of over 1,300 captioned and/or signed videos!
The OSBD project provides assistance to school districts across the State of Florida with a focus on small, mid-sized, and rural districts. These services assist children who are Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing and Blind/Visually-Impaired, and the district staff supporting them. OSBD also provides related parent support services to the districts and parent groups. Program services are provided at no cost to the requesting district or organization.
These services include:
- Onsite observation and consultation
- Expert onsite advice and support
- Recommendations on accommodations, modifications, and teaching strategies
- Classroom considerations
- Curriculum and specialized instructional materials
- Orientation and Mobility Evaluations
- Functional Vision Assessments
- Learning Media Assessments
- Information and referral services
- Training and workshops for district staff, parents and other professionals
- Directory of local and state services