Florida and Virgin Islands (FAVI)
The FAVI Deaf-Blind Collaborative serves the entire state of Florida providing training and consultation services to the families and educational teams of Florida’s children and young adults (ages 0-22)
with concurrent hearing loss and vision loss.
FAVI brochure (pdf)
FAVI folleto en español (pdf)
Overview of FAVI (pdf)
The FAVI Deaf-Blind Collaborative is committed to promoting the full inclusion and participation of persons with deaf-blindness as active members of their communities. FAVI strives to build the capacity of families, schools, districts, and teams by providing training and disseminating information on sensory loss, multiple disabilities, and best practices.
FAVI supports individuals, families, teams, and communities affected by deaf-blindness.
FAVI engages in collaboration and consultation with key stakeholders.
Guidelines on Service Provision.
We believe that:
- There is no single profile of a student who is deaf-blind
- Students who are deaf-blind can participate in every activity
- Students who are deaf-blind communicate in a variety of ways
- Many people who are deaf-blind can get around their communities independently
- Students who are deaf-blind can be included in every teaching environment
- Educational teams are critical
- Families are key players on those teams