Emergency Preparedness Guide
The following guide, “Disaster Ready: Emergency Preparedness Guide for Floridians with Disabilities.” was developed by the Florida Developmental Disabilities Council in partnership with Volunteer Florida.
By the Florida Developmental Disabilities Council in partnership with Volunteer Florida.
The following resources will provide state specific information to aid you in preparing for a Florida natural disaster.
By the Florida Division of Emergency Management
The following resources provided by the Florida Division of Emergency Management will give you information about how to make your natural disaster plan.
By FEMA and Red Cross
FEMA Accessible: Hurricanes Safety Messages
Emergency Preparedness for Kids
Additional Emergency Resources
The State Assistance Information Line (SAIL), is a toll-free hotline providing accurate and up-to-date information during emergency or disaster situations impacting the State of Florida. The SAIL hotline is 1-(800) 342-3557.
The Disaster Distress Helpline, 1-800-985-5990, is a 24/7, 365-day-a-year, national hotline dedicated to providing immediate crisis counseling for people who are experiencing emotional distress related to any natural or human-caused disaster.
Webpages and PDFs
- Disaster Planning for Children & Youth with Special Health Care Needs
- Florida Health Hurricane Preparedness Information
- Agency for Persons with Disabilities Emergency and Disaster Information
- Early Childhood Disaster – Related Resources for Children and Families
- Disability Rights Florida’s Disaster & Emergency Planning
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Disaster Distress Helpline
- Financial Preparedness – Emergency Financial Preparedness Toolkit (also available for download in Spanish and Creole)
- Independent Living Resource Center Disaster Plan for Individuals with Disabilities